Media Advisory - Audio Press Conference
When: 10 am, Monday July 30, 2012
To register: http://tinyurl.com/bnx8k7s
or contact Marjorie Signer, Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice,
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-628-7700 ext 12
Call-in # 866-628-2533
Religious leaders who fought for the landmark contraceptive coverage under the Affordable Care Act are celebrating the Aug. 1 start of coverage and launching an education campaign aimed at helping women and families understand who is eligible for coverage. As people of faith, we regard expanded access to contraception and other preventive services as expressions of our religious values of concern for women’s health, the needs of vulnerable populations, and strong families.
Many women and families do not know about the women’s health services available under the ACA. We’re taking practical action to inform them, while other groups are spending their donor dollars and time on lawsuits against women’s health care.
- Rev. Harry Knox, President and CEO, Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Rev. Geoffrey Black, General Minister and President of the United Church of Christ
- Rabbi Jessica Oleon, Central Conference of American Rabbis
- Jon O’Brien, President, Catholics for Choice
- Rev. Cynthia Abrams, General Board of Church & Society, United Methodist Church
- Rev. Dr. Christine Wiley, Pastor of Covenant Baptist United Church of Christ, Washington DC
202-628-7700 ext 12