May 15’s Game Releases Offer a Study in Dark and Light:
Diablo III and Journey of Jesus
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – May 15, 2012 – Journey of Jesus: The Calling—the first-ever video game based on Jesus—launches today from Lightside Games, makers of the popular Journey of Moses. Interestingly, also launching today: Diablo III, the newest installment of a game series built around battles with demonic creatures, which debuted in 1996 with the tagline: “All hell breaks loose.”
“Both games immerse the player, and you are what you eat,” Brent Dusing, CEO of Lightside games said. “While one game goes one direction, Journey of Jesus: The Calling players walk in the Messiah’s steps, in an authentic experience of Israel in Christ’s time.”
Online social gaming currently attracts 300 million players worldwide. Journey of Jesus: The Calling enters the stage with high-quality graphics, music, game play and the latest social features. New players log on to Facebook and type Journey of Jesus: The Calling into the search bar. Following simple registration steps, at no cost, players begin to choose paths, explore intricate and intriguing game spaces, search for items and artifacts; overcome obstacles; and brush with the era’s politics, religious landscape, history and everyday life.
Christian leaders have praise for Journey of Jesus: The Calling:
- Darrell Bock, Research Professor of New Testament Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary: "Why would a theologian endorse a social gaming game? Because 300 Million people weekly log on to social games and because Journey of Jesus: The Calling takes players closer to the life of Christ in a fun, reflective and entertaining way."
- Pastor Jack Hayford, Jack Hayford Ministries: "I wouldn't have thought a game could do so much to remind us that Jesus walked this earth of ours, involved himself with real people and lived with both life's daily-ness and its dramas. Journey of Jesus: The Calling is marvelous because it's more than a game."
Demand for biblically based social gaming became evident in Lightside’s Journey of Moses, which launched last summer and has drawn more than 2 million players. And while hundreds of millions worldwide play social games, Journey of Jesus: The Calling is the first invitation to fun new faith conversations in the gaming world.
“Players want a game that’s more than a game; we know that well,” Dusing said. “One way we keep fun and interest high is to release new chapters--new ideas and information and challenges—by the week.”
And visit Lovell-Fairchild.com/pressroom for:
• Brent Dusing Bio
• Brent Dusing FAQs
• Social Gaming Backgrounder
• Journey of Jesus: The Calling Fact Sheet
• Journey of Moses Fact Sheet
• Lightside Games Backgrounder
For interviews, contact: Monique Sondag Monique@Lovell-Fairchild.com 214-536-4319.